LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 2, 2011 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today announced the PowerLite® 1880 and 1850W, two new low-cost portable projectors designed to provide brightness and advanced functionality to budget conscious businesses and higher education institutions. The PowerLite 1880 ($1,399*) offers 4,000 lumens color and white light output2 with XGA resolution. The PowerLite 1850W ($1,299*) delivers 3,700 lumens color and white light output with WXGA resolution, allowing presenters to leverage widescreen notebooks, tablets and video.
“We have found that cost conscious corporate and higher education users are looking for ultra bright projectors, but don’t want to spend thousands of dollars for them,” said Sean Gunduz, product manager, Epson America. “The PowerLite 1880 and 1850W meet the needs of these customers by delivering brightness, high image quality and an array of advanced features at an affordable price.”
Both the PowerLite 1880 and 1850W come equipped with flexible setup features such as Easy-Slide technology, an intuitive horizontal keystone adjustment slider, as well as advanced connectivity options, including HDMI digital connection, USB Plug ‘n Play, and PC-Free slideshows. In addition, the PowerLite 1880 offers advanced networking with wired LAN connectivity for ease-of-use and management over a network, allowing for remote monitoring and control, the ability to send content over the IP, message broadcasting, and Crestron RoomView compatibility.
More about the PowerLite 1880 and 1850W
The Epson PowerLite 1880 and 1850W deliver several easy to use and advanced features ideal for any boardroom or classroom, including:
- Image Adjustment: Easy-Slide technology horizontal keystone slider squares the image even if the projector is placed off-center from the screen, adapting for easy setup in multiple rooms; Quick Corner® allows any four corners of an image to be adjusted independently for a perfectly rectangular picture
- Positioning Flexibility: 1.6x optical zoom allows for larger images from shorter throw distances and eliminates dead spaces
- USB Plug ‘n Play: Instantly projects images, transmits audio and controls the presentation from either a Windows® PC or Mac via a single USB connection; allows for easier set up and eliminates the hassle of dealing with bulky VGA cables and toggling between computer keys
- PC-Free Slideshows: Offers convenient connectivity with USB memory devices such as a thumb drive for easily viewing and sharing pictures without a computer
- HDMI Connectivity: Includes an all-digital HDMI connection for high quality video and digital audio
- Convenient Control: Direct Power On and Off allows for an installed projector to be powered on and off with a flip of a wall switch
- Extended Lamp Life: Using Epson’s exclusive E-TORL® lamp technology, the lamp life can last up to 4,000 hours3
- Powerful Communication: Built-in 10-watt speaker offers great sound and closed captioning decoder makes presentations accessible to viewers with hearing impairments
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy-efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness4
The PowerLite 1880 and 1850W are also offered through Epson’s Brighter Futures®
program, a unique sales and support initiative that is available specifically for schools. Designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets, Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
The Epson PowerLite 1880 and 1850W will be available in September through national resellers, pro audio/visual dealers, mail order, and distribution. Epson’s PowerLite projectors come with a two-year limited warranty (three years for Brighter Futures customers) that includes two elite technical support services – two-year Epson PrivateLine® phone support where projector owners can directly access an expedited support telephone line by using a phone card that is included with the product, and a two-year Road Service projector replacement program that includes projector exchange in one business day.